– to/In order to/So as to + V1: để làm gì.
Ex: I study hard to pass the exam.
So sánh với:
so that/in order that + mệnh đề: để làm gì.
Ex: I study hard so that I can pass the exam.
– too + adj + to V1: quá…không thể.
Ex: Mary is too short to play basketball.
– Cách dùng “enough”:
+ Enough đứng sau tính từ: adj + enough + to V1: đủ…để làm gì.
Ex: I’m rich enough to buy a house.
+ Enough đứng trước danh từ: enough + n + to V1: đủ…để làm gì.
Ex: I have enough money to buy a house.
– so + adj + that: quá…đến nỗi.
Ex: The day was so hot that we decided to stay at home.
So sánh với: such + n + that: quá…đến nỗi.
Ex: It was such a hot day that we decided to stay at home.
– Because of/due to/owing to + danh từ: Bởi vì…
Because/since/as + mệnh đề: Bởi vì…
– Despite/in spite of + danh từ: Mặc dù…
Although/though/even though + mệnh đề: Mặc dù…
Ex: Although I got up late, I went to work on time.
<=> Despite getting up late, I went to work on time.